Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This Is What Happens When You Know People


            I woke up, hands tied behind my back and sitting on a chair. I could hear the click-clack of heels on the floor left my head down and my eyes closed as I listened on where I was and who my captors were. I, after all, had no idea where I was. The last thing I remembered was watching Lost Girl before a bright light flashed out from the screen and reached out like the light one would expect an angel to use when basking their chosen in their divine light.
            “How did someone manage to get into the Dál? Let alone a human?”
            “Hey!”
            “Sorry, Kenz.”
            “Yeah, you better be sorry Wolfman.”
            My head swung up and my eyes searched the room the speakers. They landed on the actors, who seemed to be playing their parts, for the show Lost Girl. There were no cameras in the room, the rope felt tight enough for this to not be a joke, and when Kris Holden-Ried looked at me, his eyes going into a yellow glow, I realized I must have been in a dream with a Lost Girl theme.
            “Yep … Way too many episodes of Lost Girl,” I mumbled to myself and I started to play with the knots keeping my hands together.
            “Who are you and how did you get in here,” Dyson asked, full imitation mode on as he leaned over my chair and put his wolf eyes inches from mine.
            “Yeah … I don’t really know that myself, bub. We should find out though, I have class tomorrow and it would suck to be stuck in a televi . . . Uhhh . . . Huhhuh . . . Uhhh . . . Yeah . . .” My eyes searched the room to find Trick and they settled on him. “Hey! Trick! Could you do me a small favor and see if there is something in your books about Fae sucking people into televisions or something? Cause . . . I need to get back.”
            Dyson backed off and looked at Trick. Trick looked at me with wide eyes and then at every other person in the room. Every person in the room looked from me to him. All we were missing were some guns so it could be a stand off.
            “How do you know who I am,” Trick asked, peering at me over his chin with his head held high enough for it to be an obstacle.
            “ . . . Television . . .”
            “Televison?”
            “Yes. Television.”

            And that’s what brought me here. To this sanitarium. There are other people here who know about the fae, a lot of them are actually nuts. I’m a bit bummed because I miss my friends and stuff . . . But the pudding here is pretty freaking awesome. And sometimes Bo visits me with Kenzi. They said they would try to help me out, but knowing what episode it was that I hopped into, I’m gonna be here a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment