Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Paradoxes and Blue Boxes


It’s Saturday and as any Whovian knows, that means its Doctor Who day. I put on one of my many Doctor Who shirts. This one happens to have a Dalek on it. I grab my red fez and plop it on my head with an “Allons-y” and head to the living room. Suddenly I start speaking in a British accent and my family sighs. They’re pretty much used to this routine by now.
“Hey Mate; I need to watch the telly. Doctor Who is gonna be on.” I tell my brother. He grunts handing me the remote.  I change the channel to BBC AMERICA and patiently await the premiere of the new episode. From the table beside me I excitedly grab my sonic screwdriver. It buzzes with the familiar sound as I dance to the intro song of Doctor Who.
That’s when I think it. I wish I could just warp into Doctor Who or that the Doctor could come to our world. At the exact moment I think this, a shooting star flies by outside.
Suddenly I’m somewhere I thought I’d never be. The Tardis.
“What the hell?” I ask. The Doctor turns to me with a confused expression.
“How did you get in here?” He asks curiously. Clara stares at me with the same confused expression as the Doctor.
“Ooo a Fez!” Says the Doctor. “I happen to have one of them myself.” He proudly puts his hands on his hips, momentarily distracted by my fez.
“Doctor!” Says Clara.
“Right.” He takes out his real Sonic Screwdriver and buzzes it at me. He looks at the results and I begin to freak out.
“Whoa whoa whoa..okay wait a second. Is this the Tardis?! Am I seriously in the Tardis?” I ask. The Doctor looks at me.
“Hm interesting. It doesn’t know where you’re from and neither do I.”
“I’m human Doctor and I’m from another Universe!” I say. Clara turns to the Doctor as if he has the answers. “But..Doctor..is that possible?” Clara asks.
“Not exactly.” Says the Doctor looking worried. He glances at my shirt. “What are you really?” He asks, squinting his eyes. I look down at my shirt with the Dalek.
“Oh no! It’s not what you think. Shit. Wait..oh I’m sorry you can’t cuss on Who. Um Bloody Hell?” I say. They look at me like I’m crazy, which I am since this must be a dream.
“Listen Doctor, I’m from another Universe and in this Universe..um…you’re a Television Show.” I say.
Clara and the Doctor look at each other and back at me. “That certainly explains her attire.” Says Clara looking at me from head to toe.
“But..But how is that possible?” The Doctor asks. He then walks over to the console of the Tardis and begins pressing buttons. Clara walks over to me and holds out her hand. “I’m Clara by the way.” I shake her hand. “I know..uh Clara Oswald right?” I say. She looks a bit scared. “Yeah..I pretty much know almost everything about The Doctor and just a bit about you.” I say. The Doctor whips around and stares at me. “Everything eh?” He asks.
What I say next feels like Moffat himself wrote it.
“I know about Rose Tyler.” I say, then immediately regret it. “I’m sorry..I don’t know why I said that I-“ The Doctor has a pained look on his face.
“Doctor, Listen as much as I would love to stay here because holyfreakingcrapi’mreallyinthetardisandomg I just don’t belong here.” I can’t believe I just said that. Of course I wanna stay here. Wait..is this part of the plot? “Well wherever you’re  from I don’t know how to get you back. If we try to fly the Tardis to your universe it could punch a hole in time and space.” He says.
“Yeah yeah, paradoxes and ripping of time and all that. Right. Trust me Doctor I’ve already seen that episode.” He seems deeply troubled by what I’m saying.
“Well, unfortunately we don’t have a script around here because this is apparently real so..hm.”
“Maybe you can take me to my home here and then maybe I can slip back through the t.v. there.” I say. The Doctor’s eyes go wide and a smile lights up his face. “YES! BRILLIANT IDEA!” He says turning back to the Tardis Console. He pulls levers and presses buttons.
“Where do you live?” He asks. “Reno, Nv.” I say. He pulls one more lever and suddenly the Tardis lurches and shakes and I have to hold onto the railing. The familiar sound of the Tardis fills my ears and it makes me want to cry with excitement.
We land with a thump and The Doctor leads us outside the Tardis. We’re parked directly in my backyard.
“Wait..I didn’t tell you my address.” I say. The Doctor smiles. “That wasn’t me that was the Tardis.” He says smiling.
It looks exactly like my backyard, nothing out of place. “Wait..what if I run into my parallel self?” I say.
“Oh..that could be a problem.” He says. I walk slowly towards the back door. The Doctor and Clara follow me. My house looks exactly the same. So far I don’t see anyone inside, but when I get to the living room the tv is on. Orphan Black is on and I realize something. I didn’t really leave..the Doctor really did come to me. I turn around and The Doctor and Clara are gone.
I’m so confused.
I shake my fist at the sky. “MOOFFAATTT!!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment