Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Fan Entry

Bio: 
Bonnie is Feather's aunt. She has written mostly poetry over the years. She was our first fan friday submission. Here is her story that she wrote based on the Tattoo Challenge.


The Tattoo
I woke up in a heavy sweat.  It was just a dream.  I was in combat in another country and I did not recognize anyone that surrounded me.  They all had guns pointed at me and they were yelling that I was a spy and I should die.  How did I get this in my head?  I have never been in combat nor have I ever been to this country. 
It all started because I decided to get a tattoo of a sailor on my shoulder, for my brother.  He is serving in Afghanistan and I wanted to have him closer to me.   Could it be that the tattoo was a channel to his soul?  Was I feeling what he was feeling?  Is he okay?  It felt so real.  I can still feel the sweat dripping from my forehead as I recall the dream. 
I have never thought much about telepathy, but here I am feeling afraid and seeing a country that I have never seen before.  It must be the thoughts of my brother.   Is there someone that I could alert that my brother is in trouble?  
I pick up the telephone and call the number that he had left in case I needed him.  A man answers “He’s on a mission and can’t be reached”.  I explained the dream that I had to this man.  He laughed. “That is an everyday experience over here.  You should not worry”.  I explained that I was feeling pain and it was getting worse. 
It was two days before I received the call.  My brother had been caught in an ambush and was severely wounded.  He would be coming home to a hospital here soon. 
The tattoo has brought me closer to my brother than I had expected.  His thoughts were my thoughts.  His pain was my pain.  There is no doubt in my mind that there are forces beyond our understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment